Sunday, February 5, 2012

Don't Call it a Comeback!

"I been here for years!"* (Click link for "Mama Said Knock You Out" video.)

I know that when you think of me, you really can't help but compare me to LL Cool J.


It's uncanny, really.

If you don't know who I'm talking about then you are either:

A) younger than me,

B) older than me, or

C)  unaware of the amazing genius of the man who knows that the Ladies Love Cool James.
I know this lady does; can I get a



up in here?

Um, anyhoo.  If you follow me on Twitter--and actually read my tweets--then you'll know that January has been the month of #nomoreexcuses and #FitFluential (!) and #OpHardCoreFit (!!) and #makeitcount (!!!)



While I'm trying to be reasonable about how fast I jump back into training, I'm also trying to convince myself that I am fine and that I don't have to be afraid of every little twinge when I work out.

So, with that in mind, I started running.  Just a little bit on the treadmill.  While wearing my Tommie Coppers (again, I bought them and this is not a paid review).  It didn't hurt.

I started lifting weights again.  It didn't hurt.


I started running outside.  It didn't hurt.  I ran a little further with Ann Marie.  We ran again, a little further.  And then, last Saturday, we ran 3.1 miles.  That's 5k.  A race distance feels pretty meaningful.

AND THEN, TODAY I got to meet 3 girls from Twitter/blogland: Lindsay, Stacie, and Rebecca (who, for some reason I called Rachel for the first hour, and she was too polite to correct me!)  They joined Ann Marie and I to run 4 (FOUR, QUATRE, CUATRO) miles!  We celebrated our meetup by finishing up with some froyo!




*Full disclosure:  I have only been writing this blog for 13 months.

Hey, wanna join Operation Hardcore Fit?  Just click on the button on the top right side of my page and it will take you over to Megan's awesome group at Watch Mego Run!

Question Time
1.  Who's making a comeback right now? How are you doing with it?
2.  Who rewards themselves with food? (I know we're not dogs, but humans love food too...just sayin'.)
3.  Who loves LL Cool J? (*eyebrow waggle*)  Ladies?  Guys?  Just me on this one?


NEXT POST: MY RETURN TO YOGA

23 comments:

  1. Way to go on the comeback (and for getting that song stuck in my head)! It's so exciting to see you progressing so steadily, I can't wait till you take this beast mode to actual racing :) (and look who decided to comment, holla!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so weird. I NEVER think about LL Cool J or anything, but last night I had a dream about his song Mama Said Knock You Out! Random, I know.

    1. No
    2. YES
    3. Umm, I don't think so....

    ReplyDelete
  3. The picture of you Roaring made me piddle myself a bit. I was laughing so hard.

    Good for you! I'm so proud of you for getting back into this. You can do it! I look forward to following your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess "Don't call it a comeback, I've been here a year and one month" doesn't have the same ring to it.
    That first picture with the bandana and the pant leg rolled up made me laugh. Too funny.
    Good to see you're back and rocking it 90's rap style...with froyo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So awesome! And I love that you got to to meet everyone too!

    Not really coming back...but rather starting for me!

    Yes, food is one of the main motivators for me to run/bike/swim!

    Love LL...he never seems to age either- how is that possible?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. bahaha when I think of LL Cool J, I totally think of you ;) so glad you've made a 'comeback'. Can I tell you how jealous I am of your blogger running/froyo meetup?! Glad you had fun! thanks for the ophardcorefit shoutout, my dear. And yes, even though we're not dogs, it's totally cool to reward yourself w/food every once and a while.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adrian: Holla! So glad you commented :D

    ShanimalsCrackers: Whoa, you are in my head! Glad to hear food rewards are alive and well.

    Bernie: I'm sorry! Next time, potty first, then read ;) And thank you for supporting me!

    Pickleope: I almost choked on my high protein breakfast when I read your comment. You know LL loves froyo.

    Erika: True, you're starting something new and are killing it! As for LL? Plastic surgery...I have absolutely no evidence to back this up. Could be good genes.

    Meg O: Of course you do. I hear it all the time :) I always think of you when froyo is involved. we will reward ourselves with lots of food in June!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice Job!! hahah you had me at LL Cool j because I'm Bad and Mamma Said knock you out are on my dig deep playlist! lol Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I feel like I'm making a comeback most Mondays...
    Not from injury, just from my overly optimistic idea of what I can fit in the week before!
    Love your artwork!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't fit the other criteria but I love L L Cool J and have seen him live at the Paramount in Seattle, also J C Hammer in Tacoma.

    Neither too old nor too young ..

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've been "coming back" for what seems like forever. I still freak out about every twinge, but I finally managed a double digit run for the first time since last March!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I had SO much fun at our meetup! You did a fantastic job on our run! Wooo for the PIPDR (post injury personal distance record)!!! Can't wait to meet up again!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I LOVE LL Cool J so don't fret. And I am in the process of making a come back. Hoping it'll be any day now I get the all clear from the DR

    ReplyDelete
  14. Chris: Yeahhh...go LL!

    Fitknitchick: Thanks! True. There is never time to do all the things you hope to do,

    DiAnne: Nice! That would be a great place to see him.

    MCM Mama: Nice work on the mileage! And thank you for helping me feel less crazy :)

    skippinginseattle: I'll have to remember the PIPDR :) Glad you also hit the distance after your hiatus! We should do another running meetup.

    Julie: Cool. Being patient is sooo hard. You will enjoy your workouts so much!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm still trying to do the hundred push-ups challenge. This is the most exercise in years that I've gotten so that counts right?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yay! My comeback is still about 4 months off, but I can't wait! And I had no idea what the LL stood for. Consider me a little smarter after this post. =)

    ReplyDelete
  17. DWei: It absolutely counts. I tried that a couple of years ago.

    runningonwords: So glad I could enlighten you :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yay for comebacks! And for delicious froyo! Keep it going!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ricole: Thanks! Love your proflie pic :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Holy shit this made me seriously laugh out loud. LL Cool J? Really??? You are just plain awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Amanda: I know. It's sososososo good. Especially after burning calories :D

    Vapid Vixen: Come on, don't pretend you've never looked at me and thought of him...or vice versa.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and I always reply to each one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...